A regular meeting of the Interagency Working Group on Combating Illicit Transactions (IWG), chaired by the head of the Presidential Administration A E. Vaino, was held on 5 March 2019.
Participants in the meeting, attended by plenipotentiary representatives of the Russian president in the federal districts, discussed improvements to the interagency working groups' efforts to combat illicit transactions in the federal districts.
Among the groups' priorities identified by the participants are:
• To strengthen financial security;
• To reduce the risk of illicit transactions in the financial sector;
• To prevent and combat the embezzlement of public funds;
• To reduce the size of the shadow economy;
• To improve the effectiveness of measures to recover damages resulting from offences;
• To facilitate the recovery of criminal proceeds;
• To monitor compliance with the requirements to combat illicit transactions.
The meeting ended with the adoption of recommendations for providing planning, informational, analytical and methodological support for the groups' activities and their cooperation with the interagency working group and the central offices of the federal government bodies.