The International Training and Methodology Center for Financial Monitoring
The International Training and Methodology Center for Financial Monitoring (ITMCFM) was created in accordance with the decree of the Government of the Russian Federation No. 1989-r dated November 21, 2005 to ensure Russia's participation in the activities of the Eurasian Group on Combating Money Laundering and Financing of Terrorism (EAG).
The founder of the ITMCFM is the Federal Financial Monitoring Service.
The Russian Government decree No. 1718-r dated October 1, 2011 broadened the ITMCFM's mandate to ensure Russia's participation in the activities of international organizations involved in AML/CFT, among them are:
The Financial Action Task Force on Money Laundering (FATF);
FATF-style regional bodies;
The Egmont Group of Financial Intelligence Units;
Other international organizations involved in AML/CFT.
Main activities of the ITMCFM are:
• Provision of education and training activities, including further vocational education programs;
• Organizing and conducting research and evaluation activities as well as expert examinations in the field of AML/CFT;
• Provision of organizational and technical support for Russia's participation in international AML/CFT events;
• Provision of technical assistance to other countries, international and regional organizations involved in AML/CFT;
• Provision of information and communication support for Russia's activities in the field of AML/CFT.
ITMCFM's management team:
Oleg A. Ivanov (General Director)
Vladimir P. Nechaev (First Deputy General Director)
Sergei F. Zhircov (Deputy General Director)
Address: 119017, 31 Staromonetny Lane, Bldg. 1, Moscow